When thick hair becomes too much of a good thing it’s time for a new look. These haircuts for men with thick hair are stylish and easy to style.
From trendy crops to classic pompadours and hipster slick styles, there are plenty of different looks to choose from. Go for short hair and a fade for minimal effort or wear hair longer with a taper for maximum height.
Most of these cool hairstyles can be styled with the same method. Work pomade through damp hair. Then let hair air dry or blast it with a blow dryer for more hold and volume. This year’s textured trend benefits from styling with fingers.
Check out these pictures for 17 cool haircuts for men with thick hair.
Table of Contents
- 1. Heavy Crop Haircut For Men With Thick Hair
- 2. High Fade Haircut For Thick Hair
- 3. Comb Over Fade Haircut For Thick Hair
- 4. Classic Taper Haircut
- 5. Slicked Back Hair + High Fade
- 6. Spikes + Line Up + Temple Fade
- 7. Comb Over + Quiff Haircut For Men With Thick Hair
- 8. Short Textured Crop Men’s Haircut
- 9. Wavy Crop + Fringe + Drop Fade
- 10. Side Swept Fringe
- 11. Short Comb Over + Bald Fade
- 12. Slick Back + Low Fade
- 13. Taper Haircut For Thick Hair
- 14. Short Quiff Thick Hair Men’s Haircut
- 15. Pompadour Fade Haircut
- 16. Spiky Pompadour For Thick Hair
- 17. New Thick Hair Hairstyles for Men
1. Heavy Crop Haircut For Men With Thick Hair
This major European haircut trend is gaining traction stateside. This heavy version with a high fade at the sides is an attractive and easy to style option for guys with thick hair.
2. High Fade Haircut For Thick Hair
Here’s another way to wear a crop with bangs. It has the same textured styling and forward fringe but in a rounded shape with a one jagged piece sticking out.
3. Comb Over Fade Haircut For Thick Hair
The comb over fade is a very popular men’s haircut because it looks great is so easy to style. Like the name says, just comb it over.
4. Classic Taper Haircut
This thick version of the gentleman haircut is styled with some casual texture but can also be worn in a more polished look for work.
5. Slicked Back Hair + High Fade
This sweep back is another stylish and popular haircut for men. A high fade cuts hair down to the skin around the sides and back. Medium length hair on top is styled back with fingers to add some texture.
6. Spikes + Line Up + Temple Fade
This fresh look is a cool update on the blow out haircut. It also features volume at at the top and a temple fade but is short around the sides and back.
7. Comb Over + Quiff Haircut For Men With Thick Hair
Add a twist to the comb over by combing hair at the forehead straight up into an on trend quiff.
8. Short Textured Crop Men’s Haircut
Here’s a shorter version of the crop hairstyle without fringe. Use fingers to get this textured, almost spiky, styling.
9. Wavy Crop + Fringe + Drop Fade
For wavy hair, some additional length brings out texture. This cool version has a touch of fringe over the forehead.
10. Side Swept Fringe
This long on top haircut has enough length to style bangs across the forehead on a diagonal.
11. Short Comb Over + Bald Fade
This short haircut for men is just long enough to comb over with some volume.
12. Slick Back + Low Fade
Taper haircuts without a fade are getting more popular. This has the same silhouette plus a very low fade around the edges. Long hair on top is styled straight back with some texture. Use fingers or a wide tooth comb to get the look.
13. Taper Haircut For Thick Hair
Here’s a cool taper from the back. While hair is longer around the sides and back than a fade haircut, it only requires a touch of extra styling.
14. Short Quiff Thick Hair Men’s Haircut
This cool and easy cut is styled straight up into a short quiff. A skin fade takes care of the sides and back while creating separation from the beard.
15. Pompadour Fade Haircut
This high fade haircut is styled into a pompadour.
16. Spiky Pompadour For Thick Hair
All kinds of pompadour haircuts work well for thick hair. This modern version features a high fade and textured styling.
17. New Thick Hair Hairstyles for Men
Men’s hair keeps getting more creative and adventurous. Thick hair creates all kinds of styling possibilities like this blunt fringe with vampire teeth and a crown of spikes on top.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Must-Read Posts + Guides
Find the best men's haircuts and cool new men's hairstyles to try, get key information about the best men's hair products, and read our top tips on how to style your hair.