These classic men’s haircuts are still popular today because they look so good and are easy to style. Whether you want a professional look or want vintage hair to go with your leather jacket and tattoos, these are some of the best classic cuts for today.
All of these looks follow some version of longer hair on top with shorter sides, whether it’s short hair over a fade or medium hair over a taper. Classic hairstyles are most often slicked back, styled up in a quiff or pomp, or combed over to one side. This is true for all hair types.
The fade haircut is a classic look that began in the military in the 1940s. Sometimes called military reg, hair tapers down from top to bottom, getting close to or all the way down to the skin.
The fade was adopted into the mainstream, first by black barbers, and now by barbers around the world. Today, the fade is part of most men’s hairstyles.
An alternative to the fade is the scissor cut taper. The sides and back are still cut shorter but without any skin being exposed. You can always mix and match any hairstyle on top with a taper or fade to create your own new classic look.
- 1. Classic Men’s Haircuts for Thick Hair
- 2. Classic Haircut Styles for Men
- 3. Trendy Classic Haircuts for Men
- 4. Classic Fade Haircuts for Men
- 5. Classic Slicked Back Haircut for Men
- 6. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Slicked Back Hair
- 7. Classic Haircuts for Black Men
- 8. Classic Haircuts for Balding Men
- 9. Classic Haircuts for Men with Curly Hair
- 10. Classic Haircuts for Men with Wavy Hair
- 11. Classic Short Haircut for Men
- 12. Classic Taper Haircuts for Men
- 13. Classic Tapered Haircuts for Men
- 14. Classic Comb Over for Wavy Hair
1. Classic Men’s Haircuts for Thick Hair
Classic haircuts work really well for guys with thick hair. For short hair, try a quiff or for medium hair, work it up into a pomp or slick back.
2. Classic Haircut Styles for Men
This medium length taper haircut can be styled into the three most popular classic haircuts for men – the pompadour, side part pomp, and side part hairstyle with some sheen.
3. Trendy Classic Haircuts for Men
A lot of current hair trends are modern versions of classic cuts. This is a great example, taking inspiration from the vintage comb over while adding a trendy high fade, hard part, and platinum blonde color.
4. Classic Fade Haircuts for Men
The fade has been around long enough to become a classic. This low fade creates a clean cut finish that works for any haircut and looks great while growing out.
5. Classic Slicked Back Haircut for Men
Slicked back hair may be the most classic of men’s hairstyles. This looks works for short as well as medium length hair. Work hair up as well as back for some flattering height as well as appearance of fuller hair.
6. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Slicked Back Hair
Moving from the buttoned up 1950s to the change-filled 1960s, hairstyles for men got longer and looser. This version of Brad Pitt’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood slicked back style sweeps long hair back with volume and texture.
7. Classic Haircuts for Black Men
8. Classic Haircuts for Balding Men
As mentioned above, hairstyles with volume give the appearance of fuller hair. Another trick to making fine or thin hair look more dense that it is is a close fade around the sides and back. This ensures that hair on top, at any stage of hair loss, is thicker than the sides. This short cut with length styled up into a slight quiff works for thinning hair as well as receding hair lines.
9. Classic Haircuts for Men with Curly Hair
This taper cut with some extra length on top is an ideal classic and short haircut for men with curly hair. Short curls add volume all over without hiding natural texture.
10. Classic Haircuts for Men with Wavy Hair
11. Classic Short Haircut for Men
12. Classic Taper Haircuts for Men
13. Classic Tapered Haircuts for Men
One side of this part features short taper cut hair while the other is long and slicked over with some loose texture. It’s an attractive and easy to style look for guys of all ages.
14. Classic Comb Over for Wavy Hair
The comb over hairstyle is a side part or undercut with hair combed over. With some wave and shine, this is a classic style that never looks outdated.