Short hairstyles are one of the most popular looks for men. They are easy to wear, stylish and suitable for work and play. Here are some of the most popular men’s haircuts and trendy short haircuts for men.
To look great with a busy and active lifestyle, very short haircuts can be the way to go. These are buzzcuts with details like a fade or line up or both. For black hair, 360 waves are super short and stylish.
Texture is a major trend that you will see incorporated into new haircuts. That starts with a layered haircut and is enhanced by spiky, messy styling. Add texture to fine hair with a styling powder or use a clay pomade for thicker hair types. Another hot trend is the textured crop haircut with a hint of fringe. Bangs can be worn straight down, on an angle or cut into a unique shape.
Short haircuts work for all hair types from fine to thick, straight to curly and even thinning hair. Beef up fine or thin hair with texture and volume. Tame thick hair with layers that lighten up hair. Cut hair just long enough to leave some curl. And short haircuts are flattering for balding men because they minimize the difference between thinning areas and fuller hair.
Check out some of our top picks for short haircuts and hairstyles.
- 1. Short Sides, Long on Top Haircut
- 2. Men’s Short Fade Haircut
- 3. Short Haircuts For Black Men
- 4. Men’s Short Haircuts For Thin Hair
- 5. Men’s Short Haircuts For Thick Hair
- 6. Short Stylish Men’s Haircuts
- 7. Cool Short Haircuts For Men
- 8. Short Haircuts For Men With Curly Hair
- 9. Short Curly Haircuts For Men
- 10. Short Haircuts For Older Men
- 11. Men’s Short Haircuts With Beards
- 12. Men’s Short Textured Haircut
- 13. Short Textured Men’s Haircut
- 14. Popular Men’s Short Haircuts
- 15. Men’s Short Layered Haircut
- 16. Really Short Men’s Haircuts
- 17. Modern Short Men’s Haircuts
- 18. Men’s Short Haircuts For Fine Hair
- 19. Short Haircuts For Balding Men
- 20. Short Haircuts For Men With Straight Hair
- 21. Super Short Men’s Haircuts
- 22. Trendy Short Haircuts For Men
- 23. Men’s Short Haircuts For Receding Hairlines
- 24. Short Haircuts For Black Men’s Hair
- 25. Men’s Haircuts For Short Thick Hair
- 26. Men’s Short Messy Haircuts
1. Short Sides, Long on Top Haircut
This short sides, longer on top haircut is a cool and clean cut look. Styled with some texture on San Jose Shark Dylan Gambrell, it could be also be worn with a side part for a more conservative workplace.
2. Men’s Short Fade Haircut
Fade haircuts cut the sides and back of hair ultra short or down to the skin. This skin fade makes short hair appear even thicker and fuller while creating a canvas for a subtle hair design at the temple.
3. Short Haircuts For Black Men
A waves haircut shows off curly texture in a very short haircut. A line up and sideburn fade clean up the edges.
4. Men’s Short Haircuts For Thin Hair
Gotham’s Ben McKenzie rocks a flattering short haircut and style for fine hair at a QG party. Hair is styled with some texture and volume to boost fullness and a hint of part for a polished detail.
5. Men’s Short Haircuts For Thick Hair
Short haircuts can make thick hair easier to style. This cool cut removes weight while adding texture. Work a dab of a medium hold, low shine product between palms and rub through hair and style with fingers.
6. Short Stylish Men’s Haircuts
This fresh style features forward fringe cut into two intersecting curves. Maintain the shape with a matte product combed through hair.
7. Cool Short Haircuts For Men
This cool short haircut for men is ready for work or a night out on the town. Longer hair at the forehead is swept over to one side but could also be spiked up into a faux hawk or quiff. Try a product like Layrite Natural Matte Cream Pomade for hold without shine.
8. Short Haircuts For Men With Curly Hair
The best short haircuts for curly hair enhance hair’s natural texture. This high fade haircut styled with messy texture is great choice for summer but looks great all year round. Try a curl cream or sea salt spray to define curl and minimize frizz. A great new fade haircut for you to get this year.
9. Short Curly Haircuts For Men
While faded sides can make curly hair easier to wear, these short sides reveal some texture while looking great. A little bit of extra length at the front can be styled into a quiff. Try a creamy pomade like Imperial Fiber Pomade.
10. Short Haircuts For Older Men
You’re never to young or old to be stylish. This classic short haircut for men with modern styling works for men of all ages but is especially distinguished with streaks of silver. Gray hair looks best with matte hair products and with a gray-specific shampoo that uses blue and purple hues to counteract yellow tones.
11. Men’s Short Haircuts With Beards
Hairstyles for beards can either echo or contrast what’s happening with facial hair. This cool look does the latter with thick wavy texture on top and a short, groomed beard.
12. Men’s Short Textured Haircut
This textured haircut is enhanced by styling with a shake of styling powder like American Crew Boost Powder worked through hair with fingers and then brushed with a wide tooth comb.
13. Short Textured Men’s Haircut
An edgy and bolder version of the crop trend, this style is all about texture.
14. Popular Men’s Short Haircuts
This short textured cut is one of the most popular hairstyles for men. It works with thick and wavy hair and the subtle quiff is flattering for everyone.
15. Men’s Short Layered Haircut
This layered cut creates cool dimension and texture in a lightweight, easy to style look.
16. Really Short Men’s Haircuts
This buzz cut with a high fade is very short and very simple but effective. The bald fade lines up with the hairline and makes hair appear fuller even though it’s a one length all over buzz cut.
17. Modern Short Men’s Haircuts
There are so many different ways to wear the textured crop trend. This modern version features plenty of layering and fringe styled into an off-center V.
18. Men’s Short Haircuts For Fine Hair
This short haircut for fine hair has a few elements that make hair appear thicker. First, hair on top look fuller next to skin faded sides. Second, longer hair at the front can be styled into a spiky quiff. Last, texture makes hair look thicker. Try a pomade like Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shaping Cream to get the look.
19. Short Haircuts For Balding Men
The Caesar haircut with blunt fringe and short sides is a flattering and classic option for balding men because it minimizes the appearance of a receding hairline and bald spot. This updated version is even better with plenty of texture and faded sides.
20. Short Haircuts For Men With Straight Hair
This classic men’s haircut is a look that has never gone out of style. It is worn here with some tousled volume but can also be worn clean cut for work.
21. Super Short Men’s Haircuts
A buzz cut with a fade is as short as it gets with lots of style.
22. Trendy Short Haircuts For Men
This cool short haircut adds texture and wave to straight hair or enhances your natural texture.
23. Men’s Short Haircuts For Receding Hairlines
For a receding hairline, you want to go short but not too short. This cut makes the most of thick hair by keeping some weight all over and adding messy texture. Piecey fringe softens the high forehead without trying to hide anything. This is a great example of a haircut for high foreheads of the first phases of hair loss. Don’t go right to the buzz. There are lots of ways to minimize the appearance of thinning hair as well as ways to slow or stop hair loss.
24. Short Haircuts For Black Men’s Hair
This cool short haircut for black men with enough length to create a subtle rounded profile. A temple fade transitions right into a short beard.
25. Men’s Haircuts For Short Thick Hair
This short haircut for thick hair cuts out weight and enhances texture. It can be worn like this or messier.
26. Men’s Short Messy Haircuts
The texture trend is bringing back messy, tousled hairstyles. Just work a pomade through hair and pinch small sections of hair together with fingers to get the look.